Perfumes are very personal and finding a perfect fit for your taste takes lot of trial and error. But once you have found what you like, you could even have an array of fragrances for different wardrobe choices!
With the availability of hundreds of fragrances for women and men, the choices are phenomenal. But a classic and well known perfume is something you can choose blindly. One of them being Zino Davidoff. It was created in 1988 as a classical male perfume and the nose behind it is Michel Almairac.
About the brand
The Zino Davidoff Group was founded in 1980 by Zino Davidoff who was a Russian-Jewish immigrant. The company owns and manages the brand Davidoff for watches, leather goods, writing instruments, men and women fashion accessories such as ties, foulards and cufflinks, fragrances, eyewear, coffee and cognac. The first Davidoff fragrance was launched in 1984. In 1988 the brands’ most renowned fragrance, Davidoff Cool Water, was launched.
Davidoff Zino for man gives out fragrances of fresh herbs (lavender and clary sage) along with bergamot and Brazilian rosewood ingeniously folded into sweet floral mid-notes (geranium, rose and jasmine) are wrapped in low notes of manly woods and rich patchouli with a tender touch of vanilla, like nibbling on a square of Valrhona dark chocolate.
A dark black glass bottle carries this perfume with a basic yellow cap. There is nothing great about this packaging. It is basic, dull and quite heavy! but the good news is that the cap hugs the bottle tightly making it spill proof.
- Bergamot, Clary sage, Lavender, Rosewood
- Lily of the valley, Rose, Jasmine, Geranium
- Sandalwood, Amber, Cedar, Patchouli, Vanilla
Although the fragrance is strong, it is a little shy to let the passerbys know its presence. The sillage is below average but one feels good just whiffing oneself.
It lasts for about 5-6 hours in full blow but later fade during the day.
$24 FOR 125 ML/ 4.2 OZ
- It is a fabulous scent for discerning gentleman. Whether you are in business world or a sports person, this could be your day to day fragrance.
- The scent is best for all year around but fall and winter tops the list of its favourite weathers.
- It is exotic, romantic, and quite pleasurable. It has presence and shouts “I am here!”
- The fragrance is not overwhelming which makes it ideal to be worn as a unisex perfume.
- My first concern is the packing. I mean perfumes are luxury so they should look luxurious too. But this one falls flat on the face in this regard.
- The sillage is absolutely not what I expect to be less in a perfume. Even if the perfume doesn’t turn heads, a small whiff by strangers is preferred. But Zino is just good for the person who wears it.
Yay or Nay
Somedays I like wearing subtle fragrances which have a “there but not there” effect. This one surely falls in that category. If you are looking for just the basic, this could be a choice for its notes but for anything else, I’ll keep searching.
Hope you find it useful!
mbtc bar chair” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>Bar chair