Beard is natural, attractive and definitely manly. But it needs extra potion of care, nourishment and attention. So in recent times, men have started flocking around beard care products’ and are vigilant about their looks than they ever were.There are beard oils, beard balms, beard waxes, beard serums and so many more products to choose from.
But what to choose? how to apply? How much is enough? Are there any results? These are some burning questions. And the answer is to do proper research about the beard care brands, their identity and the products they offer.
Although the ultimate goal of most of these is to nourish and promote healthy hair growth but there are little differences. For example, beard oil nourishes the beard, beard balm helps in taming stray hair, beard wax is useful in styling the beard with a good hold. So choose a product according to your beard care needs.
So today’s lets talk about a dry oil (a beard balm) called devotion by Can you handlebar and see how much it nourishes the face hair and how easy or difficult its usage is.
About the brand
Since its inception in 2012, Can You Handlebar has been producing men’s grooming products focusing on moustache and beard care. All the products (oils, waxes, beard balms) are US made and are produced, packaged and shipped from their in house facility which allows them to keep an eye on the quality. Recently few more products have been added to their range like Tattoo Balm, Face Lotion and Beard Shampoo. The company also has a blog about beard and moustache care called, The Beard Mentor.
The company claims it has nothing to hide when it comes to the ingredients as they are of best quality, made in USA with the brand being ultra attentive to detail in manufacturing and packaging. The products are naturally sourced and are free from fake scents, nut oils, parabens and any petroleum based ingredients. The product packaging has stainless steel cans, good quality glass, latex free, water and oil-proof labels.
A stainless steel tin with a tightening cap carries this balm.
The balm is light brown in color and is soft like butter.
The grounded scent of patchouli is balanced here by a deep floral aroma. Imagine the scent of honeysuckle drifting down the hillside at night as incense smoke wafts by on the breeze. From our crushproof stainless steel container to the oil-proof and waterproof labels, our Dry Oil was made for actual carry and use. Whether stowed in your travel kit or stored on your bathroom shelf, there’s no concern of plastic or glass breakage.
Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Fractionated Coconut), Beeswax, Fragrance (Essential Oils), Butyrospermum ParkII (Shea) Butter, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E).
Directions to use
Scoop out a small pea-sized amount, rub hands together to liquefy and apply to your beard and moustache. Massage the balm smoothly and gently into your beard, front and back from the root to the tip. Brush through to distribute evenly throughout the hairs and shape your beard
$20 for 3 0z
- The coconut oil, castor oil and lanolin nourish the beard and beeswax gives some hold. It melts instantly when rubbed between fingers and then gets firm once applied.
- It gives the beard a nice, subtle and healthy looking shine.
- Regular use of beard balm reduces itching, dryness, and flaking.
- The smell of this beard balm is that of clean manliness. It is pleasing but not overpowering.
- It holds the beard gently taking care of stray hair. For a more polished and controlled look, try a beard wax.
- It is pocket friendly, a small tin can be used for about 3-4 months depending upon the length of your beard.
- The packaging of this beard balm in sturdy crush-proof stainless steel tin and Oil and waterproof labelling makes it travel friendly.
- A little foul smell was noticed after 7-8 hours of application, which can be normal but it definitely doesn’t smell like the balm in the tin. So maybe a nice fresh re-application is needed.
- Because of beeswax and shea butter present in it, it starts melting in hot temperatures, although that doesn’t affect the quality, but the application can be a little messier.
Yay or Nay
All in all a good beard product with a lot of thought and quality. It is definitely worth your spending.
Remember beard products are not going to turn you into a new man altogether, but they might make you look more polished and taken care of. But in the end, humility, dedication, confidence, love and some personal care is what makes you a complete MAN.
So here I conclude today’s review. Let me know your thoughts below.
Until next time ❤️