Welcome to a girl’s blog where I talk about men care products in a descriptive manner. I fathom your skincare and haircare concerns and collect as much information as I can before sharing my thoughts about a product in order to make your life simple ( Thank me later!)
As more and more men cognize their natural persona, they are growing the beard out and are trying to understand its needs. Due to this sudden identity awareness, brands are giving a helping hand by producing an array of mencare grooming products. A very regular one on my blog is a beard oil, which is a liquid leave-in conditioner that provides direct and natural conditioning to the facial hair.
Today I am going to share my views about Can you Handlebar’s Animated beard oil. This beard oil is brought to you by the brand with collaboration with Luke Patterson, better known as CaRtOoNz on youtube.
About the brand
Since its inception in 2012, Can You Handlebar has been producing men’s grooming products focusing on moustache and beard care. All the products (oils, waxes, beard balms) are US made and are produced, packaged and shipped from their in house facility which allows them to keep an eye on the quality. Recently few more products have been added to their range like Tattoo Balm, Face Lotion and Beard Shampoo. The company also has a blog about beard and moustache care called, The Beard Mentor.
The oil comes a glass translucent dark brown bottle with a dispensing pipette. The bottle carries every information that you need to know about the product. The outer hard cardboard shell makes it spill proof and travel friendly. The consistency is a little runny but is easy to manage.
Animated is bursting with the perked-up scent of fresh-brewed coffee. Perfect for late night gaming sessions or as a morning pick-me-up.
Olea europaea (olive) oil, Vitis vinifera (grape seed) oil, Oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, fragrance (essential oils), Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, Tocopherol acetate (Vitamin E), Limnanthes alba (meadowfoam seed oil).
Directions to use
Use the glass dropper to drop the desired amount of oil into Palm. Rub Hands together and evenly apply to facial hair and skin underneath. Beard oil is ideally applied on a damp / towel-dried beard, but it can also be used on a dry beard. It can be used everyday or on alternate days.
Usage according to beard length:
Scruff: 1 drop
Short beard: 2-3 drops
Mid-length beard: 3-6 drops
Long beard: 6-10 drops
$20 for 1 fl.oz.
12 months from opening
- The beard oil is carefully formulated to nourish and revitalize the beard. The mixture of oils extracted from Olive oil, Grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, Rice bran oil, fragrance etc provides an excellent blend to tame the most dry and coarse beards.
- It has no fake scents, chemical fixatives, petroleum products, parabens or nut-oils. So it is totally usable for sensitive skin.
- It makes the beard look really shiny and manageable which is easy to style and maintain.
- The coffee scent is so drool worthy. It gives a rich deep coffee aromatic fragrance which not only is unique in beard oils but also is well appreciated.
- A little goes a long way! It takes just a small amount of this oil and few brush strokes to transform a man from hipster to a groomed gentleman.
- Although it is nourishing but it is not a quick fix. Depending upon the roughness and condition of your beard, natural products take some time to make it shinier and smoother.
- I absolutely love the freshly brewed coffee fragrance, but after a whiff, it fades away naturally during the day.
So all in all a good product to invest into. According to the brand’s website, the company pays utmost attention to keep its product quality high by taking care of the product at each inch, from producing to shipping, at their US facility. All the products come with a descriptive packaging which insists on the fact that the brand doesn’t want to hide something. So buy this one, if you are looking for a good beard oil with a little unusual but pleasant smell!