Every now and then my husband gets a compliment or a selfie request from strangers! Nope he is not a movie star but he is personable and has something which half of the guys either aspire to have or admire in others, A BEARD!
Now you might be thinking what’s so great about something which is a natural trait in males. So let me tell you, growing a beard may seem easy but maintaining it is not a child’s play. It takes dedication, daily care and some wise decisions to choose good beard care products.
A good beard product should be able to tame the beard and make it shinier & healthier. So in pursuit to find something which makes the manly mane attractive, today lets talk about a beard oil which is born in USA and claims to care for the beard in a traditional way.
About the brand
Since its inception in 2012, Can You Handlebar has been producing men’s grooming products focusing on moustache and beard care. All the products (oils, waxes, beard balms) are US made and are produced, packaged and shipped from their in house facility which allows them to keep an eye on the quality. Recently few more products have been added to their range like Tattoo Balm, Face Lotion and Beard Shampoo. The company also has a blog about beard and moustache care called, The Beard Mentor.
The oil is housed in a dark amber colored glass bottle which comes with a dropper and pipette. Beard oils usually come like this as dropper ensures the ease of use and helps in dispensing the needed amount of oil.
Another good thing about the packaging is the use of BOPP water and oil proof labels which doesn’t let the oil fade or disintegrate the useful information on the bottle.
The outer paperboard carry tube makes it spill proof while traveling or stowing.
Bright and woodsy, Wisdom beard oil carries scents of fresh-cut lumber and lemon. Masculine but not overpowering, there is a warmth here reminiscent of standing amid a spruce and cedar grove mid-afternoon. We use essential oils for our scents so that they will wear in subtly throughout the day.
Olea europaea (olive) oil, Vitis vinifera (grape seed) oil, Oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, fragrance (essential oils), Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, Tocopherol acetate (Vitamin E), Limnanthes alba (meadowfoam seed oil).
Directions to use
Use the glass dropper to drop the desired amount or 3-4 drops of oil into Palm. Rub Hands together and evenly apply to facial hair and skin underneath. Beard oil is ideally applied on a damp / towel-dried beard, but it can also be used on a dry beard too.
The brand does have a beard brush which is easy to use and is travel friendly. So, Another way to use it is to drop the oil directly on the Can You Handlebar Beard Oil Brush and massage it gently. Distribute it evenly while styling the beard.
$20 / AED 115 for 1 oz.
- It is made from all natural ingredients with no fake scents, chemical fixatives, petroleum products, parabens or nut-oils.
- It is light weight and allows easy beard styling without making it greasy.
- The hydration part of this oil is something to talk about. The oil gets absorbed in the beard easily giving it nourishment throughout the day.
- Although it is light in texture, few drops can suffice a whole day. No re-application is required.
- There is no added fragrance in the oil, so while the scent isn’t overly strong, it does hang around.
- Talking about the packaging, the oil proof labels and paperboard carry tube are such genius ways for everyday practical use and are travel friendly.
- Couldn’t find anything related to nourishment but I do feel the smell of the oil is great in the morning but as the day passes by, it becomes dull.
So all in all a must have in your beard care kitty if you are looking for a flake free and itch free healthy beard. It is nourishing and tames the beard well !
So let me conclude the article here, until next time!