Talking about my everyday makeup essentials, a mascara and a red lipstick can suffice almost everything . But mind it, these two must be beyond awesome. Talking about lipstick, my eyes somehow find a particular shade of blood-red lipstick attractive.
And when it comes to mascara, I am quite a tough customer for the brands as I know my needs and I don’t take long to say “no” if the product is not up to the mark. So when I talk about a favourite mascara, it should be comfortable, stylish , smudge proof, natural looking and above all elegant. And today I have a favourite one here, Its velvet noir major volume mascara by Marc Jacobs.
Now Velvet Noir is inspired by Marc Jacobs’s first beauty memory of his mother carefully shaving fibers from a velvet ribbon to create her own couture faux lashes.
About the brand
Celebrated fashion designer Marc Jacobs showed his first collection in 1986, instantly inspiring women to push boundaries and create their own style. His latest creation, Marc Jacobs Beauty, is a revolutionary mix of innovative formulas, indulgent textures and next-generation performance. Discover luxury reinvented.
The lash-maximizing, curvy brush in this volumizing mascara places the most volume at the hard-to-reach center lash line, and the defining tip styles lashes for major drama. The ultra-concentrated black pigment delivers the greatest visual impact, and the flash volume complex creates instant, smudge-free length and volume in three strokes or less.
Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara gives you the thickest lashes in a blink. This majorly volumizing mascara delivers instant volume for your most epic lashes yet.
The product comes in a black and white outer packing which bears the usual details like weight, expiry, formulation etc. The mascara itself is housed in an all black round tube which is easy to hold. The wand is of medium length and the nylon fibre tip is easy to operate and gentle on the eyes.
Water, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, Oryza Sativa Cera (Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax), VP/Eicosense Copolymer, Ozokerite, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Stearyl Stearate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Nitrate, Tropolone, Disodium Phosphate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Phosphate, Iron Oxides (CI 77499).
Directions to use
Apply Velvet Noir in multiple coats, while wet, for maximum volume. Use the tip of the mascara wand to separate, define and style lashes.
$26 for Standard Size Black – 0.32 oz/ 9.5 mL
$14 Mini Size Black – 0.21 oz/ 6 g
24 months from the date of opening.
- This Italian made mascara is without Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates
- It is a cruelty-free product , which is a big deal for me.
- It gives instant dimension to the eyelashes without burdening them down.
- The super concentrated black pigment gives eyelashes a voluminous length.
- A single sweep was able to give me two times thicker lashes. It doesn’t dry instantly giving adequate time to work with it.
- The colour is rich velvety black and is wonderful for the day or a date night.
- If done properly, it doesn’t have any clumps, flakes or smudges.
- The broader size of mascara makes it perfect for a good hold and easy application.
- Above all, it comes off easily with soap and water without using tons of makeup remover.
- It is not water or sweat proof, so may not be an ideal product for rainy days or under water.
- As it comes from a high-end brand, so it is pricey
Yay or Nay
An absolute yay! If you are a mascara person just like me and are looking for a “no fuss ” one, try to grab this one. One coat is perfect for casual day out and if you work well for 2-3 coats, this can be your companion to a much awaited dinner. although I got it complimentary , but the results were way too perfect!
So let me know if you have used it, how was your experience.
Until next time