Face masks and my face are somewhat best buddies. I don’t know about masks, but my face surely looks for new friends every now and then. It is the happiest when the best buddy is natural, hydrating and nourishing and I am somewhat the middle man between these two who is always looking for products which can have a long-term relationship with my face.
So this time too in my ongoing quest of finding something soothing and relaxing for my oily and sensitive face, I had a chance to try out a face mask from the Body shop. If you are a regular reader of my posts , then you might know that I am a sucker for TBS products. Even if I get few misses, I always go back.
So upon asking the TBS sales girl, this British Rose Plumping Mask was recommended to me. And this goes without saying that I bought it with high hopes thinking it to be my face’s buddy for coming couple of months. I introduced it to my face almost thrice and I got a clear reply. So what was the message, lets find out!
About the brand:
The Body Shop International plc is a British cosmetics, skin care and perfume company founded in 1976 by Dame Anita Roddick. The company is based in Littlehampton, West Sussex.From 2006 to 2017, The company had been owned by the French cosmetics company L’Oréal. Since June 2017, It is owned by a Brazilian cosmetics company ,Natura.
This face mask is boxed beautifully. It comes in a heavy brown 75 ml jar with a pink label. It has a black tightening lid which is broad and easy to unscrew.
One you open the jar, you find thick yellow gel with tiny bits of rose petal in it.
Grow your glow with our British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask. Inspired by the European bathing rituals, our 100% vegan refreshing gel face mask is infused with real rose petals, rose essence, rosehip oil and organic Community Trade aloe vera. And what’s more, it’s formulated without parabens, paraffin, silicone or mineral oil. Reveal skin that’s replenished with moisture and visibly smooth with a youthful dewy appearance. Perfect used with our Facial Mask Brush, it makes for the most beautiful facial at home experience.
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Propanediol, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-32, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Rosa Gallica Flower Powder, Parfum/Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Methylpropanediol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Disodium EDTA, Rose Extract, Benzyl Salicylate, Menthoxypropanediol, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, CI 14700/Red 4.
Directions to use
After removing makeup and cleansing the skin, use the Facial Mask Brush to smooth an even layer of the British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask onto the face avoiding eye and lip area. Apply to neck and décolleté if desired. Leave for 5-10 minutes then rinse off with warm water and a muslin cloth. Use 2 to 3 times a week or daily if desired.
2995 INR for 75 ml
12 months from the date of manufacturing
- It is 100% vegan. It is infused with real rose petals, rose essence from Britain, rosehip oil from Chile and organic Community Trade aloe vera from Mexico.
- It is quite easy to use. It is neither too greasy nor oily but like a smoothie gel which glides on the face easily and evenly. It can be removed easily just with a damp cloth.
- It has the loveliest, most feminine and divine rose scent ever. And when I say feminine, it is not that fake type of rose. It is sweet and real rose scent.
- The smell of this mask is deeply relaxing, soothing and refreshing.
- It eliminates dull tired looking skin and reveals skin brightness, vividness and sheen by moisturising, soothing and toning the skin
- It is good for dry skin which needs to be quenched and re-plumped with moisture to reveal its dewy glow.
- This mask is formulated without parabens, paraffin, silicone or mineral oil
- It is not as hydrating as TBS Ethiopian honey mask. but still does the job.
Yay or Nay
I am a little confused. Usually I’m a sucker for rose scent. This one is divine but lacking a little in hydration. I prefer using the thickest layer as i feel that the thin layer dries up a lot quicker. Even with the thickest layer, the product doesn’t feel tight or uncomfortable. I enjoy such masks, but once washed, my skin doesn’t feel hydrated or plumped (although it is soft to touch). I always apply some serum or cream after its use.
Hence, I leave this completely to you guys. If you are ok with a mask just being a mask when applied, definitely purchase this. But if you are someone like me who is looking for extra moisture even after the mask is removed, better opt for The Body Shop Ethiopian honey mask.
P.S. My face and this mask are no more buddies 😳.