What a dream it is to do the hard work on your face making it up in the morning and then just forget it till you return and see the exact madeup face when have the makeup removal kit in your hands. No more touchups, no more blotting paper and definitely no more smudging. But how many times does this dream come true and where are the much needed products. (I think I’ve got one!)
An important factor in keeping your makeup flawless is using a good makeup primer before being dolled up. So lets talk about a new one from a new brand, Lunar.
Being a loyal customer to high-end brands, it is a little difficult to try out a makeup primer with nothing to refer to. No reviews and not a big customer base. But I have known their beard products from their parent company and know people who are genuine fans of their beard products for a long time now so relying on it was rather easy. I got their makeup primer and makeup setting spray.
I used it almost daily for 10 days So, lets see whether I was right or did it backfire?
Let me tell you I have oily sensitive skin with no acne or scars and I prefer wearing full face of makeup occasionally.
About the brand
Lunar is a female cosmetics brand by popular UK based beard product company, Percy Nobleman. It deals in natural skin care and makeup application products. Currently Lunar offers five products; Makeup primer, Vitamin C Hyaluronic Acid Serum, Makeup Moisture Setting Spray, Seaweed and aloe vera eye gel and a Mud Mask.
The primer is housed in a transparent glass bottle with a white tightening dropper. The droplet applicator calls for an easy usage.
The product is water like but a little thick in consistency.
Lunar’s Face, Foundation & Makeup Primer is a light oil free (water based) serum formulated to even out skin tone while adding moisture.It absorbs rapidly and helps to even the appearance of lines and blemishes, hydrating and priming your skin for perfect makeup application
Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Betaine, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Phytate, Xanthan Gum, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Extract, Glycerin, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Loni cera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Extract, Sodium Levulinate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sodium An isate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Cocoyl Proline, Lactic Acid.
Directions to use
Apply to your clean face, prior to makeup application.
8.99 Euro for 30 ml
- Although it is a water based primer, but works quite like a silicone based primer.
- It evens out the skin tone, lessen the appearance of fine lines and adds moisture to the face.
- The primer is free from cruelty, parabens, mineral oil, fragrance & alcohol.
- It absorbs quickly in the skin providing a smooth base for the foundation and making makeup flawless.
- It doesn’t feel heavy and comes off quickly.
- It holds up the makeup in place for 8-9 hours and also adds a little glow to the face.
- For dry skin girls, it doesn’t let the makeup crease or dry out.
- It is cost effective. It gives almost same finish as a primer costing three times would do.
- It is a little more liquidy than usual primers so make sure to use your hands swiftly.
- Also the smell of the product is neither too good nor bad.
Yay or Nay
It deserves a Yay.
Being an oily skin girl, it is difficult to find a product which nourishes your skin without giving it an awkward shine and glow. I have been using some really expensive primers But hands down to this makeup primer, I have worn it for more than 8 hours and still no dreaded shine. It did add some glow to my glow but that was flattering. It is surely a must try if you get your hands on it. It is available on amazon and souq.
So here we come to an end to one more review article.
Until next time