Hi lovelies, hows life?
In summers, the only makeup product that is comfortable to wear has to be a face powder. It controls the oil and sweat and gives the face an even coverage. So, when I get my favorite product from my favorite brand, hopes are quite high!! For reference, I have oily and sensitive skin with not much to cover. I am NC40 in M.A.C. And I prefer using a face powder on daily basis instead of foundation or bb cream.
So, Today we’ll be talking about Estée Lauder Stay in place Powder makeup and I am in the shade 4N1,wheat 18. So lets see whether Estée Lauder continued to be my favorite or were my hopes shattered?
About the brand
The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is an American manufacturer and marketer of prestige skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. The company owns a diverse portfolio of brands and has its headquarters in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
The powder is housed in a sturdy blue box in a regular and usual packaging how pressed powders come in.
It comes with a mirror and a white round sponge.
Long-wearing powder makeup with 8-hour staying power. Looks flawless and natural. Won’t change color, even through nonstop activity.Glides on silky smooth, stays on comfortably, without feeling dry.For a look that lasts all day, without touch-ups.
Talc; Titanium Dioxide; Isostearyl Palmitate; Silica; Calcium Silicate; Methicone; Phenyl Trimethicone; Caprylyl Glycol; Hexylene Glycol; Trimethylsiloxysilicate; Polymethylsilsesquioxane; Boron Nitride; Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer; Polypropylene; Phenoxyethanol; [+/- Mica; Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891); Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499); Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163); Carmine (Ci 75470); Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289); Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288)] <ILN39009>
Directions to use
Apply dry with the sponge for powdery smooth perfection. Or dampen sponge for full, flawless coverage. Note if the sponge is used damp, wash and dry completely before storing.
It is a medium pigmented powder so gives medium but buildable coverage. It doesn’t cover scars or spots. It has a soft texture. When used over a foundation, it gives a natural and semi-matte finish and sets the foundation nicely.
AED 200 / 5900 INR for 13 gm.
12 months from the date of manufacture
- It gives a natural finish (really close to skin color) without making the face powdery or cakey.
- It works perfect with double wear foundation making the skin look like porcelain.
- It is easy to apply with a sponge and even a brush in less than a minute.
- It makes the skin matte but doesn’t make it dry or dehydrated.
- It doesn’t transfer on clothes.
- It doesn’t react with the skin and doesn’t give ashy or grayish look even after long hours.
- It comes in a lot of shades so you can find the one that suits your skin tone or is close to your shade.
- It is dermatologist tested which means it doesn’t clog pores and doesn’t cause acne.
- It is fragrance free making it suitable for sensitive skin.
- It doesn’t have a photo friendly quality as there is not much coverage of the unevenness , discoloration, blemishes and scars.
- It doesn’t control oil efficiently. So It is not a very good option for oily skin.
- The sponge puts too much of product at once.
- After some applications, it picks up the oil from the sponge and develops a hard surface (its gets difficult to get the product even on a brush), So use a sticky tape and run over it and you’ll start getting the powder again.
- This powder is thicker than your usual compact so try to use it less around your mouth and eye area. It may make them cakey making the fine lines prominent.
- If you are planning to use it with a damp sponge in order to use it as a foundation, try to pick up a lighter shade than your Estée Lauder foundation. It looks brighter in packaging than on the skin.
In my case, I only use it on my Tzone where I get the most oily. I do get a bit of oil that comes through it but blotting sheets are there to rescue.
More Related Videos