Hi lovelies, wassup?
I’ve confessed my love for L’Occitane products in my earlier posts as well. L’Occitane makes terrific products, they are not cheap to buy but usually worth the money. And when I saw its shimmering lotion, I kind of felt an urge to buy it. I bought it, used it and here I am reviewing it. So lets see what I got.
About the brand
L’Occitane en Provence commonly known as L’Occitane, is an international retailer of body, face, fragrances and home products based in Manosque, France. The company was founded in 1976 by Olivier Baussan with the purpose to create a company that celebrates and preserves the traditions of his native Provence.
The lotion comes in a transparent plastic weirdly square bottle with a silver tightening cap.The cap has a flip lock opening too.
The product itself is baby pinkish in color with little shimmering particles in it.
Enriched with shea butter, this body lotion hydrates the skin and provides a sensation of softness. It leaves an iridescent veil on the body. The skin is delicately perfumed with the soft and enveloping scent of cherry blossom. Contains a cherry extract from the Luberon region of southern France.
“It is because cherry blossoms fly away in the first breeze of spring that they are so rare and precious” – Olivier Baussan, L’OCCITANE Founder
Directions to use
Massage it all over your body after shower.
It smells of cherry blossom with a hint of fruity fragrance. It is not intense like scented lotions but still strong and lingering enough for people to ask about it.
It spreads nicely on the skin and hydrates it well. The skin is moisturized and soft to touch after its application. But It is a light weight lotion, so you need to apply a lot of it for the entire body. For me, it works best for my arms and legs for special occasions.
The quality that gives it its name, the shimmering effect. There are a lot of really tiny particles of glitter in it which gives the shimmering effect to the body. After the application, the skin looks beautiful and glamorous.
139 AED /INR 2090 for 250 ml
12 months from the date of manufacturing
- It is a lightweight lotion so can be applied in summers as well.
- It is really hydrating and provides a long lasting defense against dryness.
- Even though it is moisturizing in nature, it doesn’t feel greasy.
- It gets absorbed in the body and leaves a healthy sheen to it.
- The fragrance of cherry blossom is a mix of fruity and floral and is quite subtle yet long lasting.
- The shimmer doesn’t look like cheap sparkle. It works perfectly making the skin glow instantly and radiantly.
- The bottle is little hard to squeeze so work can be done on different packaging.
- For those who don’t like floral fragrance , it could be overpowering.
- It needs to be applied a lot for the entire body, so is little on the expensive side.
The way it moisturizes, smells and shines makes it worth every penny. It’s always a pleasure to put it on. Even for someone like me who likes to stay away from floral smelling products, this product is very subtle. I may not be repurchasing it soon, just because of abundant other lotions and moisturizers that I have. But if you haven’t tried it yet, trust me, Give it a shot!
Until next time